That’s the premise behind this monthly feature: Real Life Health Heroes.
Each month, we shine the spotlight on WHS patients who, with a guidance and support from health coaching at the WHS Wellness Center, have come unstuck on their journey to better health and weight loss.
Elise R.: 17 pounds lighter, athletic and toned
This ‘before, during, now’ collage shows Elise’s progression from 160 lbs to a 143 lb. athlete!
Elise’s health improvement journey began in January 2016:
· Vitals: 160 lbs, BMI: 24.33 (top end of ‘normal’ range with > 25 being overweight).
· Started 12-week health coaching program with Coach Gayle. Ongoing weekly strength training sessions with Coach Gayle began Summer 2016.
· Behaviors: Occasional runner, frequent sugar binges, habitual overeating, erratic self-care habits.
· Vitals: Down 17 lbs to 143 lbs, BMI: 10% reduction to 21.74 (middle of the ‘normal’ range).
· Behaviors: Training to run a marathon, eating cleanly and practicing positive self-care routines.
“By partnering with Coach Gayle, I was finally able achieve (and maintain) goals
I have been striving toward for years. Her passion for healthy living is evident — she is an expert on
nutrition and fitness, and has the patience of a saint!
Her combination of training and coaching (without judgement) was
just what I needed to make huge improvements in my health and well-being.”—Elise R.
To your good health!
Coach Gayle Rose
PS If you’re struggling to improve your health and maintain a healthy weight, consider partnering with a certified weight loss/health coach for accountability and one-on-one support. Get in touch to arrange your 15-minute no-obligation discovery conversation to find out if coaching is the missing piece in your weight loss and wellness puzzle.
“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”–Abraham Lincoln