- Every morning and evening, pose a question around a belief you want to change. Then let your brain subconsciously search for the answers. For example, “How can I make healthier food choices today?”
- Drop your assumptions that your past dictates the future. “Today is different. I am different.”
- Override resistance. Our fear of change can keep us from taking new actions. Identify the fear, and ask yourself what it will take to lessen it. What is the worst thing that can happen if you choose a new behavior?
- Create a new story. “ I am a healthy person, and I make choices in my life that reflect my commitment to health.”
- Suspend judgement. Forgive yourself for mistakes and lapses, and be proud that you are working hard to improve and change.
- Choose from a positive mindset. “I want to eat a salad instead of a fast food because it supports my weight loss goals.”
- Shift from expectation to intention. Expectation (“this will happen anyway”) takes control away;intention gives you control (“I am going to make this happen”).
To your health!
Note: If you are struggling to maintain a healthy weight, eat cleanly or be active, consider partnering with a WHS Health Coach for one-on-one support and accountability. A 15-minute no-obligation consultation is the first step. Get in touch to arrange yours today. You have nothing to lose except unhealthy weight! Call 314-292-7080 to arrange your consultation.Leave a reply